The use of the Dark Web as a COVID-19 information source: A three-country study
Technology in Society, Volume 70, August 2022, 102012
- The Dark Web is known to contain risky COVID-19 information and forged certificates.
- COVID-19 skepticism is related to Dark Web use as an information source.
- Loneliness and high engagement in online activities are related to Dark Web use as an information source.
- The unregulated nature of the Dark Web makes it a risky alternative to official COVID-19 information.
- The Dark Web poses various risks particularly for vulnerable individuals.